Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Tax Credit is Gone. Now What??

I have to admit, I really liked that tax credit!! I think it helped out a lot of buyers over the past couple of years, and this year it probably benefited a many sellers as well. But the big question is "what now"?

Well, frankly, I find myself saying "I don't know" quite a lot these days. And truthfully, no one knows. We won't know for another year or two when we can actually look back at the data and say one way or the other.

We are definitely in a buyer's market and have been for a while, although that has been tempered by the tax credit, at least in the areas I usually work. I suspect it will become even more of a buyer's market. Sorry, sellers.

So what's a seller to do? Well, since I'm a Realtor I absolutely have to say this: get yourself a good Realtor, someone you trust, and then listen to them. We truly want you to get as much as you can get for your home, but at the same time, we don't really want your home languishing on the market so long that buyers think there's something wrong with it. And yes, that still does happen. Frequently.

I hope the market continues its apparent rebound, tax credit or no, but I do tend to be just a little skeptical. I would like nothing better than to be proven wrong!!

Readers, what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment